Avatar: The Last Airbender is one of the few American anime that took inspiration from the popular Asian animated genre and was successful, becoming one of the most watched in North America. That is why Netflix decided to make a live action version.
Since 2018, Netflix announced this project of live action which would feature the directors and creators of Avatar: The Last Airbender, the original series, Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzkowho will participate as showrunners and executive producers.
However, after several setbacks during production, added to the months of the pandemic, the team finally confirmed part of the cast that will play in this version of the animated series.
[Te recomendamos leer: Naruto deja Netflix: estos serán los animés que dejarán la plataforma streaming en octubre]
Cast of the live action of ‘Avatar: The Last Airbender’
Through a release, Netflix reported the following casting:
Previously announced cast members include Gordon Cormier (Aang), Kiawentiio (Katara), Ian Ousley (Sokka), Dallas Liu (Zuko), Elizabeth Yu (Azula), Paul Sun-Hyung Lee (Iroh), Daniel Dae Kim ( Fire Lord Ozai), Maria Zhang (Suki), Tamlyn Tomita (Yukari), Yvonne Chapman (Avatar Kyoshi), and Casey Camp-Horinek (Grand Gran).
In addition, it was reported the following additions to the series:
- Amber Midthunder (she/her; Prey, Roswell) as Princess Yue: The compassionate spiritual leader of the Northern Water Tribe.
- To Martinez (he/he; Cowboy Bebop, Ambulance) as Pakku: The veteran teacher of the Northern Water Tribe and a fierce defender of their traditions.
- Irene Bedard (she/her; Pocahontas, The Stand) as Yagoda: An empathic healer who serves as a role model for the female waterbenders of her tribe.
- Joel Oulette (he/him; Trickster, Ruby and the Well) as Hahn: A strong and skilled warrior with unwavering loyalty to his tribe.
- Nathaniel Arcand (he/he; Heartland, FBI: Most Wanted) as Chief Arnook: Father of Princess Yue and the respected leader of his tribe.
- Meegwun Fairbrother (he/he; Burden of Truth, Mohawk Girls) as Avatar Kuruk: A previous Avatar with a haunted past.
- Arden Cho (she/her; Partner Track) as June: A tough and persistent bounty hunter known for her ruthless efficiency.
- Utkarsh Ambudkar (he/he; Ghosts, World’s Best) as King Bumi: The ancient and mercurial ruler of the Earth Kingdom city of Omashu.
- Danny Pudi (he/he; Mythic Quest, Corner Office) as the Mechanist: An eccentric inventor and engineer who is doing his best to raise his son in a war-torn world.
- Lucian-River Chauhan (he/he, Encounter, Heartland) as Teo: The idealistic and high-flying son of the mechanist.
- James Sie (He/He; Still Water) as the Cabbage Merchant: a long-suffering vegetable vendor in Omashu.
- Momona Tamada (she/her; Secret Headquarters, One: Thunder God’s Tale) as Ty Lee: An energetic and optimistic teenager and one of Princess Azula’s best friends.
- Thalia Tran (she/her; Raya and the Last Dragon, Little) as Mai: An unflappable and no-nonsense teenager who, along with Ty Lee, is one of Princess Azula’s closest allies.
- Ruy Iskandar (he/he; Yes Day, Benders) as Lieutenant Jee: The first officer of Prince Zuko’s ship.
- Hiro Kanagawa (he/he; Altered Carbon, The Man in the High Castle) as Fire Lord Sozin: The ruthless and ambitious former ruler of the Fire Nation and grandfather of Fire Lord Ozai.
- CS Lee (he/him; Dexter, Guerrero) as Avatar Roku: A wise and benevolent past Avatar of the Fire Nation.
- François Chau (he/him; The Expanse, American Gigolo) as The Great Sage: The revered spiritual leader of the Fire Nation and guardian of Avatar Roku’s shrine.
- Ryan Mah (he/he; The Good Doctor, Snowpiercer) as Lieutenant Dang: Commander Zhao’s second in command.
- George Takei (he/him; Star Trek, Resident Alien) as the voice of Koh: An ancient and predatory spirit.
- Randall Duk Kim (he/he; Kung Fu Panda, John Wick) as the voice of Wan Shi Tong: He appears in the form of a giant owl and is also known as the Spirit of Knowledge.
We would love to say thanks to the writer of this post for this incredible web content
‘Avatar: The Last Airbender’ on Netflix: this is the casting of the anime’s live action
Explore our social media accounts along with other related pageshttps://orifs.com/related-pages/