Henry Cavill announces that he will not return as Superman

(CNN) — DC fans around the world collectively wept Wednesday as British actor Henry Cavill said he will no longer don Superman’s red cape in the DC Comics Extended Cinematic Universe.

The followers were surprised by the news, more after Cavill will announce in october that he would return as the Man of Steel. Cavill even made a cameo appearance as Superman in a mid-credits scene at the end of “Black Adam“, the DC film starring Dwayne Johnson. (CNN and DC Films are part of the same parent company, Warner Bros. Discovery.)

Henry Cavil confirmed on Wednesday, December 14, that he would no longer be Superman in the DC Comics Extended Cinematic Universe.

Taking to Instagram, Cavill explained that he met with filmmaker James Gunn and British film producer Peter Safran, who in October were named co-chairmen and CEOs of DC Studios.

“After all, I’m not coming back as Superman,” Cavill wrote. “After the studio told me to announce my return in October, before he was hired, this news is not the easiest, but that’s life. The changing of the guard is something that happens. I respect him.”

Cavill said that even though he didn’t get the role back, “Superman is still around.”

“Everything it stands for still exists, and the examples it gives us are still there!” he wrote. “My turn to wear the cape has passed, but what Superman represents will never pass. It’s been a fun journey with all of you, onward and upward.”

Gunn also took to social media on Wednesday, tweeting that he and Safran “have a DC slate ready to go so we couldn’t be more excited; we will be able to share exciting information about our first projects early in the new year.”

“Among those on the blackboard is Superman. In the early stages, our story will focus on an earlier part of Superman’s life, so the character will not be played by Henry Cavill,” Gunn said.

Gunn then began answering questions from fans where he confirmed, among other things, that he had been writing a Superman movie for a while and that this would not be an origin movie for the hero.

Wednesday’s announcement also comes on the heels of Cavill’s departure from the Netflix series “The Witcher” after starring as the lead for three seasons. Actor Liam Hemsworth will take his place.

CNN has reached out to representatives from DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Films.

Since their appointment, Gunn and Safran have been reevaluating the studio’s project slate, with some decisions making headlines recently. On Tuesday, director Patty Jenkins addressed reports that the studio would not be moving forward with a third installment in the “Wonder Woman” franchise.

CNN’s Dan Heching and Lisa Respers France contributed to this report.



We would love to thank the writer of this write-up for this awesome web content

Henry Cavill announces that he will not return as Superman


Our social media profiles here and other pages on related topics here.https://orifs.com/related-pages/