Patty Jenkins Rejects Those ‘Wonder Woman 3’ Reports: ‘I Never Walked Away’

Filmmaker Patty Jenkins has broken its silence on Warner Bros. about the recent decision to scrap “Wonder Woman 3” and accusations that he abandoned the project.

On Tuesday night, Jenkins tweeted a lengthy statement in which he noted that he “will not allow inaccuracies” about the film’s disappearance at Warner Bros. to spread any further.

In the past week, Hollywood Reporter reported that “Wonder Woman 3” will not go ahead. Jenkins reportedly pitched a treatment for the film, but new DC Studios bosses James Gunn and Peter Safran were among the executives who deemed it unsuitable for the studio’s vision.

The Wrap then reported that Jenkins has walked away from the “Wonder Woman” franchise.

But on Tuesday, Jenkins said that’s not the case.

“This is simply not true. I never walked away,” she wrote. “I was open to considering anything that was asked of me. I understood that there was nothing I could do to move forward at this time.”

Taking into account the important creative review At the center of Warner Bros. Discovery’s recent scheduling changes, Jenkins said that he “understands that these decisions are difficult at this time.”

Warner Bros. representatives did not immediately respond Tuesday to The Times’s request for comment.

“I don’t want what has been a beautiful journey with WW to end in [una] negative note,” Jenkins wrote.

In response to Jenkins’ statement on Tuesday, Gunn tweeted to the filmmaker: “I can attest that all interactions with Peter and you were pleasant and professional.”

Jenkins directed “Wonder Woman”starring Gal Gadot, in 2017. He then directed the pandemic-era sequel “Wonder Woman 1984” in 2020.

In Tuesday’s statement, Jenkins also discussed what the “Wonder Woman” movies have meant to her and praised Gadot and Lynda Carter, who played the beloved heroine on television in the 1970s.

“I have loved it and I am very honored to be the person who managed to make these last two Wonder Woman movies. She is an amazing character,” she wrote. “Living in and around her values ​​makes one a better person every day. I wish her and her legacy an amazing future, with or without me.”

He concluded his open letter by thanking fans of the film, who he said often lack representation in “the media and online,” and encouraged them to channel the superhero.

“Any day you are facing difficulties, try to ask yourself: What would Wonder Woman do? I hope that she, her beacon of love, truth and justice, is always there to show you the way, as she has done with me,” she said.

“Wonder Woman 3” is the latest movie to get the cut at Warner Bros. Discovery. In August, the entertainment giant scrapped plans for his “Batgirl” moviestarring “In the Heights” star Leslie Grace.

Since then, Warner Bros. Discovery’s HBO and HBO Max platforms have also seen significant programming cuts. “Legendary”, minx“Love Life” and “The Nevers” are the most recent programs to receive the award.

In November, Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav, defended the cuts.

“Let me be clear,” Zaslav said. “We did not get rid of any program that was helping us.”

To read this note in Spanish click here.



We would like to give thanks to the writer of this post for this outstanding web content

Patty Jenkins Rejects Those ‘Wonder Woman 3’ Reports: ‘I Never Walked Away’


You can view our social media profiles here , as well as other related pages herehttps://orifs.com/related-pages/