“House of the Dragon” (“The house of the dragon in Spanish) has just finish its first season this Sunday and the events they showed left the audience wanting more. Here we will tell you everything we know about season 2 of the popular series of hbo max.
SPOILER ALERT. Episode 10, entitled “The Black Queen”, was full of political tension in the face of the conflict for power, since Rhaenyra Targaryen had to decide whether to start a war against his brothers.
Viewers’ hearts broke after Lucerys Velaryon was assassinated for his uncle, Aemond Targaryens. After her mother received the news, everything would indicate that blood will run in revenge for the death of his son.
However, we will only be able to see this in the “House of the Dragon” season 2. Next, we will tell you everything we know about it: what it will be about, when it opens, who is coming back and who will be the new faces.
Watch here the trailer for the end of the first season of “House of the Dragon”.
WILL “HOUSE OF THE DRAGON” HAVE A SECOND SEASON?
“House of the Dragon” will have season 2as the series was renewed for a second installment shortly after the broadcast of the first episodegiven the good reception it had.
The chapter entitled “The heirs of the dragon” was seen by more than 10 million viewers worldwide, the largest number of premieres that HBO has had.
HOW MANY EPISODES WILL “HOUSE OF THE DRAGON” SEASON 2 HAVE?
Following the line of the first installment, it is most likely that Season 2 of “House of the Dragon” also consists of 10 episodes. approximately 60 minutes each.
so there was commented George R.R. Martinthe author of the books, co-creator and executive producer of the series.
WHAT WILL SEASON 2 OF “HOUSE OF THE DRAGON” BE ABOUT?
What will happen in season 2 of “House of the Dragon”? The second installment of the HBO series will start the war itselfknown as the Dragon Dancefollowing the murder of Lucerys Velaryon, Rhaenyra Targaryen’s son, at the end of Season 1.
Without going into spoilers, the series will be full of tense moments, because blood will begin to flow in the name of each side.
In an interview with The Timesone of the showrunners of “House of the Dragon”, Ryan Condal, announced that season 2 tI would have a much faster pacebecause this first installment had to be slower to concentrate on the construction of characters and their connection with the audience.
“The second season will have the rhythm that people expect from half of ‘Game of Thrones’, but it will have been earned and the viewers will feel the tragedies, because we put in the work”, assured Condal.
In addition, he confessed that they will try to incorporate more elements of humor that have been necessary for not having characters like Tyrion Lannister in this series. Probably the main driver will be the character Matt Smith.
WHICH CHARACTERS AND ACTORS WILL COME BACK FOR SEASON 2 OF “HOUSE OF THE DRAGON”?
Of course, the main cast of both the Blacks and the Greens will return to continue the showdown. This consists of Rhaenyra Targaryen (Emma D’Arcy), Alicent Hightower (Olivia Cooke), Daemon Targaryen (Matt Smith), Otto Hightower (Rhys Ifans), Corlys Velaryon (Steve Toussaint), Rhaenys Targaryen (Eve Best) and the rest of characters.
Of course, those who have already passed away like Viserys Targaryen (Paddy Considine), Laena Velaryon as Nanna Blondell, Harwin Strong as Ryan Corr and Lucerys Velaryon (Elliot Grihault), will not return, unless they decide to bring them back in flashbacks, but it is not certain that this will happen.
In an interview with Variety, Ryan Condal denied the return of Milly Alcock and Emily Carey in the following season, though he didn’t rule out that they might be able to afford something different than what “Game of Thrones” used to do.
“Look, I don’t know. (They) are not part of the story we are telling yet. It’s not something we’re doing right now”, explained the creator of the series. “‘Game of Thrones’ it wasn’t a series of flashbacks. ‘House of the Dragon’ has room to get a little fancier”.
WHAT WILL BE THE NEW CHARACTERS IN SEASON 2 OF “HOUSE OF THE DRAGON”?
If “House of the Dragon” stays true to “fire and blood”, just as it has mostly been doing so far, we can predict some characters that will appear in season 2.
One of them is Daeron Targaryensthe fourth son of Alicent Hightower which was omitted in this first installment. George RR Martin confirmed that the young man has not been eliminatedbut is found elsewhere during the early events.
Since he will play an important role, like the rest of his brothers, it is most likely that we will see him in the following season.
We will also meet the new dragon riders that were already announced by Daemon Targaryen in episode 10 of “House of the Dragon”. their names are Addam of Hull, Nettles, Ulf White and Hugh Hammer.
In addition, the Lords of great Houses of Westeros that have already been mentioned will appear, such as Cregan Stark and Lady Jeyne Arryn of the Vale.
WHEN DOES “HOUSE OF THE DRAGON” SEASON 2 PREMIERE?
AThere is still no premiere date for season 2 of “House of the Dragon”At least not officially. The writers are already working on the story for the next installment and recordings are scheduled to start in late 2022which should be in the coming months.
Normally, the production of this type of series lasts about a year and a half, so season 2 probably arrive early or mid 2024.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT “HOUSE OF THE DRAGON”
TECHNICAL SHEET OF “HOUSE OF THE DRAGON”
- Original name: “House of the Dragon”
- Genders: action, adventure, fantasy, drama
- Country of origin: USA
- original language: English
- Creators: Ryan J. County and George R.R. Martin
- Music: ramin jawadi
- Distributor: Warner Bros Domestic Television Distribution
- Broadcaster: HBO
- Seasons: 1
- Number of episodes: 10
- Release date: August 21, 2022
WHO ACTS IN “HOUSE OF THE DRAGON”?
It is important to note that, because two timelines will be shown, we will have adult and youth versions of certain characters. Here is the list of some of the main figures.
- Emma D’Arcy as the adult version of Rhaenyra Targaryen: the daughter of King Viserys I and heiress to the Iron Throne.
- Milly Alcock as young Rhaenyra Targaryen
- Olivia Cooke as the adult version of Alicent Hightower: the daughter of Otto Hightower and the second wife of King Viserys I.
- Emily Carey as young Alicent Hightower
- Paddy Considine as King Viserys Targaryen: Lord of the Seven Kingdoms at the time of the series.
- matt smith as Daemon Targaryen: Viserys’s younger brother who in his youth yearned to be the heir to the throne.
- Eve Best as Rhaenys Targaryen: former successor to the throne, cousin of King Viserys, and wife of Corlys Velaryon
- Steve Toussaint as Corlys Velaryon: Lord of Driftmark and head of the richest family in the kingdom.
- Rhys Ifans as Otto Hightower: father of Alicent and the Hand of the King during various times of Viserys’s reign.
- John Macmillan as the adult version of Laenor Velaryon: son of Rhaenys and Corlys Velaryon
- Theo Nate as young Laenor Velaryon
- Savannah Steyn as Laena Velaryon: daughter of Rhaenys and Corlys Velaryon
THE CHAPTERS OF THE FIRST SEASON OF “HOUSE OF THE DRAGON”
- “Heirs of the Dragon” – premiered on August 21
- “The Rogue Prince” – premiered on August 28
- “Second of His Name” – premiered on September 4
- “King of the Narrow Sea” – premiered on September 11
- “We Light the Way” – premiered on September 18
- “The Princess and the Queen” – premiered on September 25
- “Driftmark” – premiered on October 2
- “The Lord of the Tides” – premiered on October 9
- “The Green Council” – premiered on October 16
- “The Black Queen” – premiered on October 23
We wish to say thanks to the writer of this short article for this incredible material
What we know about season 2 of “House of the Dragon”
Find here our social media accounts as well as other pages that are related to them.https://orifs.com/related-pages/